2021 Diversity, Equity & Belonging Report
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) published its 2021 Diversity, Equity & Belonging report, Our Foundation of Belonging. It highlights BBU’s 2021 accomplishments in its strategic framework of Workforce, Workplace and Marketplace and introduces three-year goals and commitments. Bimbo Bakeries USA is a proud part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company, who is committed to advancing Diversity, Equity and Belonging in all 33 countries where it operates.
BBU’s 2021 Diversity, Equity & Belonging Report acknowledges the work accomplished since establishing a Diversity, Equity & Belonging function in early 2021. Highlights from the report include:
- Racial Equity Action Council (REAC): In 2021, BBU’s REAC influenced the company’s efforts to renew people practices, create a culture of Belonging, and promote racial equity in our communities.
- Recruiting Enhancements: BBU expanded its diverse slate requirements to include diversity in both gender and race, as well as added its head of Diversity, Equity & Belonging in recruitment strategy and candidate debrief meetings.
- Associate Development: All salaried associates are now required to take at least 1.5 hours of Racial Equity Strategy Training (REST) annually to continue BBU’s commitment to educate its associates on topics related to its Diversity, Equity & Belonging strategy.
- Marketing: To reflect the marketplace it serves, BBU pledged to ensure diversity and equity across its marketing, inviting BBU’s Racial Equity Action Council into the company’s marketing assets review process.
- Community Partnerships: In 2021, the company invested $1 million to national and local organizations dedicated to furthering the education, financial well-being and health of Black and minority Americans.
- Supplier Diversity: BBU introduced a Supplier Diversity Program to partner with vendors with diverse experience, viewpoints and backgrounds.
Among Bimbo Bakeries USA’s three-year goals are increasing representation in all levels of its workforce, providing Diversity, Equity & Belonging educational programming and trainings for all associates, and expanding supplier diversity.
Read the full report.