BBU, Tyson Foods and Walmart Partner with Feeding America to Give Back to Local Communities
For the sixth year in a row, Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU), Walmart and Tyson Foods joined forces to help end hunger across the United States. Through this partnership, the three companies donated a total of 50,000 pounds of bread and 300,000 pounds of protein to 10 Feeding America Food banks throughout the country.
Feeding America is the largest domestic hunger-relief organization in the United States and provides food to millions of Americans through a network of 200-member food banks and 60,000 partner agencies. As a Feeding America Leadership Partner, BBU donates over 20 million pounds of food annually to local food banks nationwide.
In addition to the donation, representatives from BBU, Tyson and Walmart visited each of the recipient food banks to volunteer and tour the facilities:
- Second Harvest Food Bank (New Orleans, LA)
- Food Bank of South Jersey (Pennsauken, NJ)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley (Youngstown, OH)
- Mid-South Food Bank (Memphis, TN)
- North Texas Food Bank (Plano, TX)
- Northern Illinois Food Bank (Geneva, IL)
- Feeding Tampa Bay (Tampa, FL)
- Gleaners Community Food Bank (Detroit, MI)
- Rhode Island Community Food Bank (Providence, RI)
- Lowcountry Food Bank (Charleston, SC)