2022 Bimbo Global Race Recap and Interview with BBU Associate & Two-Time Race Winner, Carolan DiFiore
Last week, a remarkable 341,000 participants from over 100 countries came together to Nourish a Better World by taking part in the 2022 Bimbo Global Race, both virtually and in person.
In the United States, BBU had over 17,360 participants– 5,015 in Los Angeles and over 12,345 virtually! This year, we will donate 347,200 slices of bread that BBU will donate to Feeding America food banks across the country. That is equivalent to one loaf of bread per participant!
A special congratulations goes out to Carolan DiFiore, Associate Manager, e-Commerce, who had the best time of the 10K for female associates in all of Grupo Bimbo in 2019. This year, Carolan had the opportunity to run with the best runners in Buenos Aires with an amazing time of under 43 minutes, receiving the best female time again!
Read about Carolan’s overall race experience and how the Bimbo Global Race went in Buenos Aires:
- What was your most memorable experience during the Bimbo Global race?
- “Starting the race in the elite corral with the other 2019 winners was really cool. Being among runners who were part of national running teams and even represented their country in the most recent Olympics was incredibly inspiring. It was great to get to know many of them over the duration of the trip.”
- What motivates you to run the Bimbo Global Race?
- “I’ve been a runner most of my life and have always loved a good challenge. Having something to train and work towards has always had a positive impact on my physical and mental health, so I look forward to the race every year. Having the potential award of traveling for the race in the back of my mind is always a good motivator, as well!”
- What is your favorite thing about the Bimbo Global Race?
- “The concept of the Bimbo Global Race is really unique. The idea of running a race that thousands of others around the world are also running on the same day is a great way to bring people from different cultures, geographies, and walks of life together for a good cause.”
- How was Buenos Aires?
- “Buenos Aires was incredible; I’ve never been and did not know much about the city in general prior to the trip. It’s a beautiful city with a rich history, stunning architecture, and amazing food and wine!”
- What do you do to encourage people to participate in the Bimbo Global Race?
- “I think the cause is a great way to get people involved. Bimbo Bakeries USA donates loaves of bread to Feeding America food banks all over the country for every runner that registers, so it’s nice to know that your participation is helping to make a positive impact on your local community.”
- What is your favorite Bimbo Bakeries USA product to eat either before or after you run?
- “It’s so important to fuel your body before and after a run. I love a Thomas’ English Muffin (Cinnamon Raisin is my personal favorite) with peanut butter for some protein.”