Bimbo Bakeries USA’s Response to COVID-19
To Our Valued Consumers:
Since the pandemic began and Bimbo Bakeries USA declared our mission of Feeding America while Keeping Our Associates Safe, our frontline has worked tirelessly to deliver on this commitment.
While challenges and uncertainty remain for us as a business and a nation, there are two things we know for sure:
- Our fellow associates and our loved ones, customers, consumers and communities continue to count on us.
- We Can’t Stop Now!
Bimbo Bakeries USA will continue to stay focused and remain vigilant. We will continue to enforce all health and safety protocols including:
- Face Coverings: Anyone in a BBU facility or interacting with the public during business is required to wear a face covering to help prevent the spread of the virus. We continue to distribute masks and proper PPE to all frontline associates.
- Temperature Checks: We are taking the temperature of anyone entering our facilities. Anyone with a temperature at or above 100 degrees cannot enter.
- Social Distancing Protocols: Practices including marking locations on floors to indicate 6-foot distances at entrances and time clocks, staggering shift start times to limit associate interactions and limiting the number of tables and chairs in break rooms continue.
- Daily Monitoring: Our cross-functional COVID-19 Response Team continues to meet each day to review evolving CDC recommendations and other public health guidelines and take action to protect our associates and our communities while ensuring business continuity.
Support Our Associates
- Childcare and Educational Support: We have partnered with Bright Horizons to provide all associates with access to and discounts for child care, educational support and elder care.
- COVID-19 Testing and Treatment: In addition to access to COVID-19 testing through Quest Diagnostics, we have eliminated costs related to COVID-19 testing and treatment for associates and their families who are enrolled in a BBU-sponsored medical plan.
- COVID-19 Pay: We have implemented special pay rules that provide up to two weeks of pay for Associates are out of work for COVID-related reasons.
Help those in need
The pandemic has left millions unemployed with many turning to food banks for the first time. BBU continues to send product donations to food banks across the country. In addition to our $500,000 donation to Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund, we raised nearly $200,000 in associate and supplier donations. You can still donate to the Feeding America COVID-19 Response Fund to make a difference at https://feedingamerica.org/bimbo-covid.
BBU recognizes our frontline associates for their unwavering commitment to feeding America while staying safe. We acknowledge their families for their unconditional support. And we thank our consumers for choosing Bimbo Bakeries USA bread, buns, bagels, English muffins and sweet baked goods to help get them through these difficult times.
The Team at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Updated September 10, 2020