- » our brands - What's New
- » product locator
- » Outlet Stores
- » arnold
- » ball park (buns)
- » bimbo
- » boboli
- » brownberry
- » EarthGrains
- » Entenmann's
- » francisco
- » freihofer's
- » marinela
- » mrs baird's
- » oroweat
- » sara lee
- » stroehmann
- » thomas'
- » tia rosa
- » other brands
Could Win a Trip for 4 to MLS Cup 2013
A company with trustworthy, leading brands for our consumers.
Bimbo® bread (pronounced “Beembo”) has been bringing families together for four generations. A family-owned business since 1945, Bimbo Bakeries relies on its own family recipe to bring you the softest, most delicious bread possible.
Kids love the Bimbo Bear and his great tasting bread. Moms and Dads love the bread's quality ingredients and nutritional value.
APPLE, PECAN AND CAJETA PIE
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 Bimbo Panque con Nuez (Pecan Pound Cake)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 apples chopped
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons softened margarine to grease cake pan
1. In a bowl, mix apples, cajeta, vanilla and pecans. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder; mix well. Then, mix in the Bimbo Panque con Nuez until forming a soft paste.
3. Set aside a third of the paste.
4. Lightly grease a pan with margarine and set aside.
5. Line the base and sides of the pan with the paste.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
7. Pour the apple mixture into the pan.
8. Flatten the paste that was set aside until very thin; cut into strips and place on the tart.
9. Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
TIP: Fill the pie with pears instead of apples and serve with vanilla ice cream.